15 Jul HOW YOU CAN SLOW DOWN AND REVERSE THE AGEING PROCESS NATURALLY.
Yes you are ageing every minute of every day. It’s the natural progression of your life cycle beginning from the moment you’re born into the world until the very last breath you take; that your body’s ageing both inside and out.
And dare I say but the thought of how you can slow down and reverse the ageing process naturally isn’t something you think about as you go through your daily routine, and why would you? Just getting to the end of the day and ticking off the ‘to do’ list is, and sometimes isn’t, the main focus. Time is what seems to be against us and never having enough hours in the day, week, month, and before you know it, another year has passed by again…..damn it where did the time go?
Is it just me or are the year’s going by faster? Are we picking up pace and running through the day? That’s what it feels like sometimes and I have to remind myself to ‘slow down’, take a breath and just relax. Do you feel the same?
WHAT ARE THE MAIN REASONS WE AGE?
You can’t control time or stop it and when it comes to ageing there are many external factors that can speed up the ageing process that you have to take into consideration when trying to slow down and reverse how quickly you age. The main factors being:
• STRESS. Every person internalises stress differently and however you deal with stress is up to you. Knowing how the stress is effecting you and how it’s making you feel on an mental, physical and emotional level is so important in learning how best to deal with each situation individually. When you can do this, you can slow down and reverse ageing.
• ENVIRONMENT. Where you live, your work place, your relationships with friends, family and co-workers; these are all factors that you can benefit from or struggle with and they can have a positive or negative impact on your health, which in turn can either speed up or slow down and reverse the ageing process.
• HORMONAL. Women who are post-menopausal and the production of the hormones Oestrogen and Progesterone has ceased and enters the next cycle of her life where the risk of coronary heart disease including heart attack, high blood pressure and stroke has increased along with the risk of developing osteoporosis, which is a thinning of the bones. Hormone production assists your body to run ‘in sync’, just like a well oiled machine. Think of your body as the machine and the hormones as the oil being drip-fed automatically to keep it in check. Now imagine how your body and mind will function without these hormones producing the oil? Ouch!!
• NATURALLY. You are constantly ageing and that’s just a fact of life. Your biological age is based on the date you were born, but how quickly you age isn’t and doesn’t have to be determined by this date because you can assist in the rate at which you age. Were you aware of that? You can slow down and reverse the ageing process naturally and it’s not difficult at all, in fact, it’s really quite simple.
• DIET. Yep all the processed foods, sugar, alcohol, cigarettes and the list goes on where a diet where your body isn’t getting any nutritional benefit whatsoever can’t thrive and will age at a much faster rate.
WHAT CAN I DO NOW TO SLOW DOWN AND REVERSE AGEING?
• AWARENESS. Knowing what outside influences, like the one’s I mentioned above and how they can affect you on a mental, physical and emotional level are important in determining what changes you need to bring in to enhance your life. As well as these changes, you need to consider what you need to take out of your life that’s having a detrimental effect on your health and happiness which is impacting how quickly you age.
• ATTITUDE. Your thoughts create your world, your reality. Think about this for a moment…are your thoughts positive? Are you mostly a happy person? Do good things happen to you? How you think and what happens in your life are connected. Your attitude and how you live your life has an effect on those around you too. A positive attitude not only slows down ageing, but can make you a happier person.
• NETWORK. Do you have a close circle of friends and family? Do you have a couple of friends or family members that you can confide in? Whoever you have in your life that you know you can rely on, lean on, talk to, laugh with, hang with and cry with is important. Everyone needs someone or someway to vent and to be able to get something off their chest and out of your head so you can let it go. To be able to share your thoughts and feelings with someone is not only important, it’s necessary.
• LAUGHTER. Laughter is the best medicine. There’s nothing that feels better than a really good belly laugh. Laugh a lot, laugh often and laugh loud. Laughing is infectious, even if no one gets the joke, they’ll at least laugh along with you. Try it next time you’re out with friends. But guess what the best news is? Yes you got it….that it can slow down and reverse the ageing process too.
THE LIFESTYLE CHANGES YOU CAN MAKE TO SLOW DOWN AND REVERSE AGEING NOW.
• DIET. What you eat can slow down and reverse the ageing process. A diet with real whole foods provided by nature full of organic fruit and vegetables, organic grass fed meats, nuts and seeds along with good oils will give you all the nutrients and anti-oxidants necessary to slow down and reverse ageing.
• EXERCISE. Choose an exercise you enjoy doing and do it daily for at least 30 minutes. You can mix it up with a variety of routines you love to make it fun so you’ll continue. If it’s fun, it’s not like exercise at all.
• SLEEP. You need 7-8 hours sleep each night to recharge your body’s battery, digest your food and repair your cells ready for the next day.
• WATER. Your body needs water to survive. Water your body like you’d water a plant and your cells, muscles, tissues and organs will thank you for it. You’ll also plump up the skin where the dehydration has created wrinkles. If that isn’t enough incentive to drink more water, I don’t know what is!!
Yes your biological number determines your age but you have control over the lifestyle factors and influences that determine how you age. You can slow down and reverse the ageing process and you have access to the resources and tools that can assist you in how quickly, or not, this can happen for you. Take control of your life NOW and slow down and reverse how quickly you age in a naturally simple and easy way that will give you beautiful skin, more energy and an excitement to live your life to its fullest potential, the way nature intended. Enjoy your journey.
I’m so excited to hear how you plan to start to slow down and reverse your body from ageing. Please let me know if you need help or support in any of the above areas and message me in the comments below okay? You can ageless and live more starting right now.
Yours in health and happiness,